The Bedford Area Education Foundation began when several community members met in September of 2001 and committed to develop tangible support for Better Education for our students.
As others joined the group, they found that they all shared similar concerns regarding education. The core group solidified, and so did the philosophy and ideas that made sense as to why and how to provide support for Better Education.
The group went forward with filing for non-profit corporation status in February 2002, under the name the Bedford Area Educational Foundation.
The foundation will operate under the following principles:
- Tangible support for Better Education must be ongoing and self-perpetuating.
- The Foundation cannot replace the need for public education.
- The community recognizes the benefits of supporting Better Education for our children.
- The educational responsibility for the children of our community belongs to all of us.
- The community recognizes the value of maintaining an atmosphere of respect and support for our teachers.
Address: P. O. Box 2434 Forest, VA 24551
Board of Directors
|John Mack||Big Island|
Board Member Emeritus: